Skip To Content

1520 Marshall Wilkes Road

Watkinsville, GA 30677
  • $2,600,000
  • STATUS: Active
  • ON SITE: 370 Days
  • MLS #: 1005687
UPDATED: 60 min ago
$2,600,000
  • 0
    BEDS
  • 99.8
    ACRES
  • 0
    BATHS
  • 0
    1/2 BATHS
Neighborhood:
Type:
Vacant Land / Lots
County:
Area:

School Information

Elementary School:
Middle School:
High School:

Description

Welcome to 1520 Marshall Wilkes Road, a private riverfront oasis tucked away in south Oconee County. Whether you've been looking for the perfect place to build your homestead, the ideal location for your hunting club, or a weekend getaway spot for the family, look no further. There's so much to explore in the 99.8 sprawling acres, with lots of elevation change throughout and 3.5 miles of well-maintained trails for getting around. Roughly 80% of the property is wooded, the majority of which is hardwood, and the remaining 20% is flat pasture. Natural springs dot the property, and a babbling creek bisects the middle of the acreage from west to east and drains into the Oconee River, which provides the eastern boundary of the tract with nearly 2,300 ft of river frontage. A newly-added 2.5 acre pond is nearing completion in a previously wooded area beside the river, adding another layer of awesome to this stunning tract. Fencing runs along the entirety of the southern, western, and northern property lines, and there's an automatic gate at the road for added privacy and security. Wildlife and game is abundant, with deer and turkey throughout the year and ducks stopping in on their migrations to stay in the creek bottom. The first of two cabins features a full kitchen, living area, bathroom, bedroom, and bunkroom, providing enough space for the whole family to enjoy. The second cabin was originally constructed in the 1880s and was moved to the property in 2022. It's been tastefully updated with a new floor system, posh bathroom with frameless shower and antique sink, and mini-split air conditioning unit, but retains its rustic charm with beautiful wood interior and sleeping loft. Both cabins are serviced by a 200 GPM well, and have separate septic systems. A large pole barn made from rough sawn lumber milled on site provides covered storage for equipment and toys. Simply put, there's no better piece of property in Oconee. Come see it while you can!1. 99.8 acres of pristine Oconee County land, 2. Nearly a half mile of frontage on the Oconee River, 3. Two cabins with bathrooms and all utilities, 4. 3.5 miles of well-maintained trails for recreation, 5. Creek bisecting the middle of the property with potential for a pond, 6. Mix of wooded hills and flat open pasture

Monthly Payment Calculator



Classic MLS logo © 2024 Multiple Listing Service of the Athens Area Association of REALTORS®. All Rights Reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale or lease on this web site comes in part from the MLS of the Athens Area Association of REALTORS® Broker Reciprocity Database. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Signature Real Estate of Athens are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo or an abbreviated logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS or Signature Real Estate of Athens. Data last updated: 2024-04-24T20:21:33.01.
www.signaturerealestateofathens.com/homes/138701707
Print Image

1520 Marshall Wilkes Road Watkinsville, GA 30677

  • Price: $2,600,000
  • Status: Active
  • On Site: 370 Days
  • Updated: 60 min ago
  • MLS #: 1005687
0
Beds
0
Baths
0
½ Baths
99.8
Acres
Neighborhood:
No Recorded Subdivision
County:
Oconee Co.
Area:
Watkinsville
Elementary School:
Colham Ferry
Middle School:
Oconee County Middle
High School:
Oconee High School
Property Description
Welcome to 1520 Marshall Wilkes Road, a private riverfront oasis tucked away in south Oconee County. Whether you've been looking for the perfect place to build your homestead, the ideal location for your hunting club, or a weekend getaway spot for the family, look no further. There's so much to explore in the 99.8 sprawling acres, with lots of elevation change throughout and 3.5 miles of well-maintained trails for getting around. Roughly 80% of the property is wooded, the majority of which is hardwood, and the remaining 20% is flat pasture. Natural springs dot the property, and a babbling creek bisects the middle of the acreage from west to east and drains into the Oconee River, which provides the eastern boundary of the tract with nearly 2,300 ft of river frontage. A newly-added 2.5 acre pond is nearing completion in a previously wooded area beside the river, adding another layer of awesome to this stunning tract. Fencing runs along the entirety of the southern, western, and northern property lines, and there's an automatic gate at the road for added privacy and security. Wildlife and game is abundant, with deer and turkey throughout the year and ducks stopping in on their migrations to stay in the creek bottom. The first of two cabins features a full kitchen, living area, bathroom, bedroom, and bunkroom, providing enough space for the whole family to enjoy. The second cabin was originally constructed in the 1880s and was moved to the property in 2022. It's been tastefully updated with a new floor system, posh bathroom with frameless shower and antique sink, and mini-split air conditioning unit, but retains its rustic charm with beautiful wood interior and sleeping loft. Both cabins are serviced by a 200 GPM well, and have separate septic systems. A large pole barn made from rough sawn lumber milled on site provides covered storage for equipment and toys. Simply put, there's no better piece of property in Oconee. Come see it while you can!1. 99.8 acres of pristine Oconee County land, 2. Nearly a half mile of frontage on the Oconee River, 3. Two cabins with bathrooms and all utilities, 4. 3.5 miles of well-maintained trails for recreation, 5. Creek bisecting the middle of the property with potential for a pond, 6. Mix of wooded hills and flat open pasture
Exterior Features

Fencing Full Wire Other Structures Barns Second Residence Road Frontage Type County Road Road Surface Type Gravel Vegetation Mixed Waterfront Features Creek River Access Waterfront YN Yes Wooded Area 80

Interior Features

Main Level Bathrooms 0

Property Features

Association YN No Current Use See Remarks Listing Terms Assumable Lot Features Level Rolling Slope Possession Closing Property Sub Type Recreation Sewer Septic Tank Special Listing Conditions None Tax Annual Amount 2032.64 Utilities Other See Remarks Underground Utilities Water Source Well Zoning Description Agricultural

[Athens Area Association of Realtors] logo Listing provided courtesy of Cardinal Real Estate Advisors: 7063403311. © 2024 Multiple Listing Service of the Athens Area Association of REALTORS®.


Classic MLS logo © 2024 Multiple Listing Service of the Athens Area Association of REALTORS®. All Rights Reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale or lease on this web site comes in part from the MLS of the Athens Area Association of REALTORS® Broker Reciprocity Database. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Signature Real Estate of Athens are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo or an abbreviated logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing broker. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS or Signature Real Estate of Athens. Data last updated: 2024-04-24T20:21:33.01.
 
https://bt-photos.global.ssl.fastly.net/athens/orig_boomver_1_1005687-2.jpg https://bt-photos.global.ssl.fastly.net/athens/orig_boomver_1_1005687-2.jpg https://bt-photos.global.ssl.fastly.net/athens/orig_boomver_1_1005687-2.jpg
Logo
Signature Real Estate of Athens
3149 Atlanta Highway, Suite 4A
Athens GA, 30606